. .

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Indulging in the Romantics

Listening to: “Nocturne in C Major” - Edvard Grieg (played by Michael Krücker)

Oh, I’m always in such bliss when I listen to some of my favourite composers’ pieces. The Romantic era draws such emotions from me, for better or for worse, and while sometimes the sadness, bitterness, and even grief that sweeps into me isn’t something I want, there are also times of tranquility, refuge, peace, tints of happiness, beauty, and the strange sensation of love. Not just the love of music, but feeling love just when listening to these pieces. Chopin, my favourite, makes me angst a little too much at times, his pieces so brilliant and filled with all sorts of emotion. Sigh. Unfortunately it isn’t in me to play like him and by no means am I that brilliant. Weep, but at least he existed and left behind such works of love! ::swoons::

I feel slightly bad that I’m babbling about Chopin while listening to Grieg.

Ahem ahem, Saa and Kimi, do bring flutes (and piccolo? :D :D :D :D) when you come?

Anyway, it’s a good day for contemplation and reflection. I slept on and off today because there’s no more work to go to for now. And here, I’m listening to and watching pianists beautifully unwrap the gifts of the Romantics, what a setting! And I finally replaced the batteries in my keyboard! There are things I need to take care of, like researching work visa, living permits, and such, but I can’t help but want to put them off until tomorrow!

Yesterday being my last day of work, I gave the guy who is to replace me a crash training course, and since I drove him out with me to eat lunch, I was pretty much talking for nine and a half hours straight to him. My throat hurt so badly by around 2pm? He looked overwhelmed, but I think he’ll do fine after a month of picking up everything. Or less, I hope. Maybe not, he seems more artistically inclined, which isn’t the bulk of my work. Ah well, it’s over. Talking for that long was stressful though, except that I went to Cynthia’s afterwards and talked until 12:30am. 8D So I was talking from 9am until 12:30am. I think that’s a record, even for me? Not sure. Haha. 8D My poor throat.

Okay, even though I love the different flavours of performers, I think I most enjoy Yundi Li at the moment. So delicate, so Chopin, and so intense and dark and emo sometimes! The only thing I’d change in him is for his intense moments be more POWERFUL, but he’s kinda frail… Can I meet this guy and like squish him? XD There’s just something in his style that triggers the fangirl chord in me. ::shameless:: How can I not love a guy who’s in love with Chopin?

In work, I’ve discovered that I tend to be a workaholic and worry about everything, which is good for whatever company I’m working for, but not really that good for keeping my sanity intact. While I like to work, having a break right now is good. I can’t do anything after my surgery unfortunately, so I might become a little antsy about not being able to do anything for a while ehehe.

Okay, all this beautiful music is putting me back to sleep. Off I go! Alvin is being a dear and treating me to lots of beef tonight, love him! *___*;;;; I’ll miss him, even if he’s dork of a cousin.

No comments:

.
.