. .

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Approved for Lasik...

Listening to: "好きなのに。" - Takahashi Naozumi

I went to the laser center today for consultation about getting Lasik. I'm a candidate yay, they said my cornea is thick, luckily, since my vision is so bad they'll have to shave most of it off. The thought of surgery still freaks me out, but uh, part of the tests today? The guy put anesthetic eyedrops in my eye then proceeded to poke me square in the eye with a measuring stick. UH? That was beyond freakish, I could see it squishing my eyeball right in front of my pupil. #___# The anesthetic stung a bit, but I'm totally okay with that, and if lasik's going to be anything like that, I'm down. The whole procedure sounds safe enough that I'm not terrified, but I'm still concerned. This also rules out any possibility of going to Knott's before I leave, or well, maybe RIGHT before I leave and not anytime sooner than that. No strenuous activity after surgery he said, right.

On other notes, my mother is driving me insane again. What kind of parent berates their children for being happy with what they have? Isn't it usually the other way around? I'm happy living a simple life, enough to support myself, isn't that good enough? Seriously, I don't desire an ungodly amount of money and I don't care for material possessions, why on earth does she WANT me to??? What planet is this woman from, really??? The only material possession I probably want and try to acquire is a good computer system. Beyond that? I can settle for anything, really. She brought up the whole car thing, which, if you ask me, is the stupidest possession to try to get me to want, because as long as the car runs and doesn't break down and cost me trillions of dollars to fix every month, I'm good. She says I'm bad for being satisfied, WHAT THE HELL? There's no harm in wanting more, but by no means will I crave after extraneous things just because it's BETTER. She says I lack ambition and drive, sure, maybe I do, and she's never bothered to stop and wonder why I'm like that. IT'S BECAUSE SHE NEVER GAVE ME WHAT I WANTED, SO WHY BOTHER STRIVING FOR THINGS I'LL MOST LIKELY NEVER ATTAIN? Personally, I'm DAMN GLAD that I turned out this way, even if I probably felt like my life was unfair never getting things I wanted. I've been taught to appreciate what I have, and I learned that lesson well. SO WHY IS SHE COMPLAINING WHEN SHE'S THE ONE WHO'S RESPONSIBLE? And what's so bad about not striving for money and possessions? Once again, I ask, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HER????

I understand the world works on money, and I'm not saying I don't need money to survive. As long as I have enough to live and find ways to amuse myself, I'm good. I'm low maintenance that way, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No comments:

.
.