Yesterday, daddy didn't go to work so he took me to Fry's to return the 15.4" MacBook Pro in exchange for the 13.3" one instead. With the price difference, I picked out a 500gb Hitachi SATA hdd that was on sale for $80. 5400rpm instead of the 7200rpm I had my eye on initially, but hey, can't complain when there's more space (the 7200rpm one is 320gb) for the same price. Yup. Even *with* service cost (yes I opted to let the service guys install my hdd instead because I don't want to attempt to tamper with a machine I'm wholly unfamiliar with), I managed to cut the cost by a little under $200 from the 15.4". Sweet.
So now I own a 4.5 lbs block of metal. With a 500gb hdd. Hm.
However, I got a sign today that this computer is what I should settle for. I was poking iTunes after I got the OSX and base applications installed, and since I haven't loaded any pictures or music into the computer yet, all I could use to test the audio (proper speakers in any shape or form are quite nonexistent on this machine, sad) were online radio feeds. Naturally, I'd look for something anime related, so I found animeamaze.net I think. First song that comes on is labeled, "Galla - Kiseki no Hana." Hm. Except... SEKI TOMOKAZU is the voice I hear. Unmistakeably. Definitely my baby. Not Galla. WHAT? It's mislabeled to begin with, but it's MY BABY? It's the Takahashi Kyoudai version of "Kiseki no Hana," but what's crazier is still that it's SEKI coming out at me. It's mine, it's made for you, keep it, take it, says the MacBook Pro. So. You win MBP, I will keep it. 8D
And so the Mac partition shall be named Shirogane.
You don't have to think very hard to figure out what I'm going to name my Windows partition now, do you?
I'll install WinXP tomorrow.
Meanwhile.
It's nearly 5am! What am I doing up? To be honest, I'm not up on purpose at all. I have a blasted stomachache from dinner. I thought it wasn't so bad that I could sleep it away, but nope! After managing to pass out sometime after 3:30am, rolled awake at 4:30am in pure agony. :D So now I'm miserably groggy and sitting in front of Razi, sipping a can of 7up and typing up this long-winded thing because I can't focus on anything else aside from ramblings. Stupid, stupid stomach. What a pain in the midsection. ::groans:: Waiting for it to subside takes sooooo long... This also means that I can't eat at all today so I can rid my stomach of whatever is causing this. Oh the acid is nasty, cry...
At least it's only Thursday! If I'm careful, I'll be able to eat on Saturday. Would really, really suck if I'm sitting and watching other people eat at my own going-away thing. The milk is not spilt yet, no crying. ::sniffles:: Heh.
I wish for more flautists to show up! Send me off with sweet, sweet music please! ~^w^~





No comments:
Post a Comment