. .

Sunday, December 14, 2008

A day of rest

Listening: "Only Love" - Trademark

Thankful Things
01) Ishikawa Hideo, it's his birthday!
02) Sabbath, the Lord's rest and mine too.
03) Church friends, for making me feel like a person.
04) Uncle Daniel, for treating us to dinner. *_____*
05) Bistro Pasqual, the yummiest yet accessible food I've had in a while.
06) Bowling, for fun and minimal exercise, hehe.
07) Christmas piano sheet music, for tickling my brain.

On the last one, I really need to work on my Christmas spirit. I HAVE NONE!!! I need help, so I'm turning to music and hoping it'll help me get in the mood. Sadly, not quite yet, but the pieces I was plunking through helped a little bit. Was bummed that nobody would sing with it, I had to sing myself and mess up. Meh, whatever.

Tonight was filled with much food and fun yet also quite a load of annoyances. Let us all forgive our transgressors, yes? I'm reasoning the best I can to understand these people, and while I can, it doesn't stop me from feeling irritated. ::sighs:: I need to work on my emotions, as I've always known, but this might prove easier. Concrete and not-as-personal situations are much easier to analyze and hence control my thoughts and feelings, obviously. We'll work on this together, and I pray that I and the other people involved will be granted patience, tolerance, and understanding.

The light rain washed away some of the grime from the sky, and when I arrived home at 1:15am, the stars and moon were shining brightly. It's the first time the moon, in all its glory, did not sway me like it should. Orion was there to greet me, clear in view, and I am happy. Shiny NeoRomance I mean Orion. 8D

Last night, we read through Matthew 4 but did not get through 5, but in one verse, I was rather confuzzled. When speaking of not loving your brother, there were three examples in particular in which each would lead to a certain danger. The second one, something about calling your brother "Raca" confused me. My uncle said it meant to say something in contempt, but then it was too similar to the third, which is calling your brother "Thou fool" ... So. What is it? Why does saying "Raca" lead one to be in danger of council? Why council? Need to research on this further. When my mother isn't banging at my door and harassing me to sleep.

In lines of forgiveness, forgive me for hopscotching my points, but there is still something about the lack of maturity at a certain age level that irritates the heck out of me. I understand that not everyone was brought up to have a respectful and mindful mentality, but is it too much to expect people to be mature? Seriously, am I asking too much of this world? When one is a child, it is natural and RIGHT for one to be selfish and prioritize their own needs, thoughts, and feelings. However, as one grows older, they ought to learn, either by influence of their surroundings or within oneself, the process of mental and emotional maturation kicks in along with physiological maturity. Okay, so according to all that mumble jumble that I learned from psychology, some people can be stunted and mature slower, but isn't it also human nature to want to do good, so it should naturally start to divert inside out of oneself? I'm being convoluted, so to clarify, maturity means being able to consider OTHERS in accordance to considering one's own SELF in daily activities, whether actively or passively. People readily dismiss excitement and over enthusiasm as immaturity, but does anyone ever think that those are simply behaviours that result from immaturity but does not necessarily equate to immaturity itself? Behavioural psychology is very gray for this reason, because while behaviour stems from a particular source, it does not always indicate that one single source but rather a multitude of possible sources. Must we all be so simple minded and quick to judge? I find myself guilty of such deductions frequently, so I must continue to seek answers, as I am quick to anger with immature behaviour. So yes, perhaps I am asking too much for people to be courteous, respectful, humble, and mindful of others. Hmmm. Maybe it's too late to think logically, but this is immensely frustrating!!!

Holes, holes, holes. I need patches. Patches for my mind, patches for my heart, patches for my soul.

It's freezing tonight. I ought to wear more clothes. 8D

Today’s Happy Point: Rest.

Rest, to celebrate God's creation, be closer to God, and commune with fellow man. Rest, that I got during my uncle's sermon. (Oops.)

No comments:

.
.