I.... GAH!!! I had a very stressful night, filled with both good things and EXTREMELY stressful things. I don't think there was anything bad, just... stressed out. My nerves were shot all night and boy was I tense. Hours later, I'm still tense. GAH STUPID FIGHT OR FLIGHT RESPONSE SYSTEM! ::sighs::
Meanwhile, I unwind with some LxR. Hehe. Itouken sounds not Tsuchiura'y at all, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this duet. DUET. SOMEONE SING A DUET WITH ME PRETTY PLEASE??
Okay so, first things first, MUSIC. MUSIC IS LIFE, MUSIC IS LOVE, MUSIC IS HAPPINESS, MUSIC IS ADVENTURE! I loooooove music! The featured pianist tonight was amazing in two pieces in particular, and two pieces I did not expect to be gushing so much over. His rendition of Chopin's "Heroic Polonaise" failed to impress me, and his "Erlkonig," by Liszt and Schubert, was good but only just that. BUT. GAH. Debussy. DEBUSSY. His fingers were like petals brushing on the surface of a tranquil lake. I WAS IN LOVE. LOOOOOVE. He played it SO beautifully and totally reflected the title, "Reflections in the Water." *___* I was quite the fan of "Dream Rag No.2" by William Albright although I initially did not expect to care for it at all. It was whimsical, cute, romantic, and even sexy. Rawr. I enjoyed it very much, was glad I was standing up for that one or I would've slid off my seat in all weirdness. ::laughs:: The "Three Dances" piece, with its three movements accordingly, was interesting, but only the first dance was anywhere near interesting, although the second dance did start off beautifully, the dance got somehow convoluted and meaningless. And. While his technique for "Fantasia Baetica" by Manuel de Falla was awesome, I was just not interested no matter how hard I tried. The full circle I was picking out could've been developed better, with better story telling. But. It failed. It failed to be fantastic in any sort, although it was an impressive piece to add to the repertoire. Oh well. I think I was most bummed out by the Chopin starter piece. He could've done so much better than that, so what happened? Oh my beautiful Chopin, I want more of you. Come back... come back to me.
The lady who played the koto wow'ed my socks off. My nerves were shot throughout the first piece she played, unfortunately, so I was sitting outside and watching the monitor, but the second time around, I was swept away.
What's with me and pianists? Hello? I don't really care for Tsuchiura, hello? どうして? Oh I sure had a large dosage of pianists tonight, very very very VERY happy. I think I'm bordering on greedy, kekeke. Can anyone blame me? Since Tsuchiura doesn't do it for me, playing Corda won't help, so I must get it elsewhere.
Our Les Miserables songs were okay. I was really bummed out when I found out Jonathan and I weren't being picked up by the microphone. My fault. Very disappointed in myself. Overall, however, we were very good as a group. Much better than ANY of our practice sessions, haha! I was so amazed at everybody, so proud of everyone, and and and. OH I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! I LOOOOOOVE YOU ALL!!!!
Now if only I didn't have to run off to change for my uncle's trio as accompanist. People said I did well but I was too nervous to notice anything. That and my skirt was riding low in the back. I hope nobody saw that. ARGH yuck!
Looking back, I should have prayed for my nervousness. I forgot I get stage fright, and boy did I pay for it. I was clutching Gabriel's rubberband rifle like crazy before going out and ended up arm wrestling Steven to relieve tension. Thank you, Steven, for letting me do that, and thank you for being a gentleman about it. Arm wrestling did wonders for my nerves, or I think I would have been cracking before I ever make it onstage. And thank you, Gabriel, for being cheerful and a shoulder to freak out on LOL. Thank you to all of you for putting up with my near nervous breakdown. Thank you thank you THANK YOU ALL. ♥
Now that our winter concert is over and done with, why don't we all shout PRAISE GOD!? Ready, okay... PRAISE GOD!!!! Thank God it's over and all went well! I want to watch something sweet and funny now to soothe my frazzled nerves.
I'm too tired to write separate posts, so this is crossposted around.





2 comments:
Would you like the first season of Pushing Daisies? =D =D =D
Ehhh yes I would! How when what where? :D :D :D
Post a Comment