. .

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas to all

Tonight, I had a choice of three places to go for dinner. Parents, Uncle and his family, or Bonnie and her family. Ultimately, I chose to spend time with my uncle, aunt, and cousins instead of the other two options. I had such fun tonight that I would do it again if I could. We went to BJ's for dinner, and Davin and I split the new Mediterranean pizza. MMM! Then back home, we karaoked Christmas songs like crazy. Davin and I did, mostly, with a little bit of Alvin since we forced him, and my uncle singing with or without the mic. This is the family I remember spending Christmas with when I first immigrated, the people who I had fun hanging out with and love dearly. The only time I remember being a child before it was all taken away. While I can never make up for all those lost years, I had so much fun with my baby cousin Davin that I don't need to look into the past anymore. I have them now, and that's what matters, right? Even if I rarely get to spend time out with my cousins, I now know that it's possible again. That Davin (unfortunately, Alvin's pretty stubborn about not singing heh) and I will get to goof off and torture Alvin with our made-up melodies and off-key singing, and that I am able to look to them for opinions. ::grins::

In conclusion to this blessed evening? Even though I had a long work day in which I really didn't care to be there, I have discovered what it means to have family who love you and want you to be there with them. I was able to feel the Christmas spirit at the very last moment, singing traditional and children Christmas songs with Davin. Love is mine for the taking at last, it's not only me who's giving. Thanks be to God! How awesome is that! Even if I'm moody and sad, even if I'm tired and irritated, love is all you need. All I need.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone. I hope everyone out there is experiencing a spark of hope too.

No comments:

.
.