Listening to: "Byakudan Yuugi" - Inoue Kazuhiko
There are different forms of love, but all forms of love is still love. You may love God, you may love your soulmate, you may love your significant other, you may love your friend, you may love your job, you may love sleeping, you may love simply being happy. Regardless, really, you cannot live without love. It is what fuels us to continue striving for something better in life, to continue LIVING. Maybe it is all a matter of perception, but why does it feel like love can cause so much pain? I'm happy to say that the past is over at last, but the mere memory still brings me pain. Yet, at the same time, it is because of this memory that I strive to love others. The experience would be for naught if I let it bog me down and becoming a person incapable of love, incapable of caring, and incapable of good. I have to thank them for causing me this pain, even, as I am more appreciative of the little things in life that make me happy, no matter how brief or how imaginary it is. ::lopsided grin:: Humility in the face of darkness, I've realized, is what keeps us strong. Bearing it and yet not being proud of our strengths but knowing how to appreciate others and build on our weaknesses can make all the difference.
Yet, despite this pep talk to myself, I can't help feeling just a little sad. Is that okay, if I cry just for a little bit?
Okay! Moping aside, bible study yesterday was helpful. There is always a tidbit of advice that pertains to the struggles I have to deal with weekly, and for that, I'm infinitely thankful. This week, the message was to have faith that God will provide for us what is best. How much peace that brings, if only we are willing to accept. On the family side of things, Uncle Dominic and Alvin are both sick, and I think the rest of the family and all will be having tuen-nin dinner tomorrow while I have nobody to spend new year's eve with. At least I'll have books to read! OH THANK YOU GABRIEL FOR THIS BOOK KYAAAA!!! I was suppressing myself from flailing over and dying from happiness, I'm so so so so so so happy, thank you thank you thank you! I... I really don't know what else to say. ♥♥♥ I'm going to read myself to sleep tonight whee!
Oh and, if you're reading this, the Pavane I was talking about is by Maurice Ravel. Will let you hear next time, because I can't play it, sniffle!
Anyway, in bible study, we talked about the remnant church and apostacy. Interesting topic, because it can create quite a bit of tension between the different Christian denominations, which makes me wonder exactly how important is adhering to doctrines is if it will on cause further division. I mean, we should definitely follow what God wants us to do, and if that is most clearly reflected in what we see from Jesus and the prophets before and after him, but do we have any right to say that one way of interpretation is accurate and another is not? We say we are not condemning others, but regardless of intention or not, this viewpoint is essentially saying that the other churches are not doing what God wants. Hm. I'm new to this topic, so I will think about it some more and wait to learn more about this next week.
Tonight, I took Gabriel and Joycelyn to see Thoroughly Modern Millie again. Whee! Well, Joycelyn didn't go last week, but anyway, it was fantastic!! Both the casts are awesome, I'm totally floored by the dedication they have to this production. Wow, simply wow. My favourite parts remain as the Chinese brothers' song, the song where they mimicked typing by means of tap dancing, totally ingenious sound design and composition right there, and the hilariously sudden love number between the boss and Miss Dorothy. SIGH!! What fun, what music, what a performance! I'm so glad I was invited to this, I would never know of these events and probably not be motivated to go by myself, so this is always a treat. (So, you guys, stop thanking me, I should be the one thanking you!) ^___^ ああ、本当に嬉しいです~!
2023年07月08日のツイート
3 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment