. .

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Type One Transformations

Listening to: "Raindrop Prelude Op.28 No.15" - Frederic Chopin

Okay. Since Thanksgiving, Saa gave me this wonderful sheet of resolutions (so to speak) for eneagram types. Initially, looking at this after figuring out my type made me cringe like no tomorrow, and while I glanced at it every so often, I didn't try to adhere to it. SO NOW! Since blogs are helpful for referencing, I'll type them out for mine. I am... type one. Hehe. Not entirely, but very strongly anyway.

Transformations for Personality Type One
  1. I NOW RELEASE holding myself and others to impossible standards.

  2. I NOW RELEASE my fear of losing control and becoming irrational.

  3. I NOW RELEASE my fear of being condemned for being wrong.

  4. I NOW RELEASE refusing to see my own contradictions.

  5. I NOW RELEASE rationalizing my own behaviour.

  6. I NOW RELEASE obsessing about things I cannot change.

  7. I NOW RELEASE all bitterness and disappointment with the world.

  8. I NOW RELEASE feeling that other people's beliefs and values threaten mine.

  9. I NOW RELEASE believing that I am in a position to judge others.

  10. I NOW RELEASE driving myself and others to be perfect.

  11. I NOW RELEASE ignoring my own emotional and physical distress.

  12. I NOW RELEASE feeling angry, impatient, and easily annoyed.

  13. I NOW RELEASE fearing and disowning my body and my feelings.

  14. I NOW RELEASE allowing my desire for order and efficiency to control my life.

  15. I NOW RELEASE automatically focusing on what is wrong with things.

  16. I NOW RELEASE feeling that it is up to me to fix everything.

  17. I NOW AFFIRM that I can allow myself to relax and enjoy life.

  18. I NOW AFFIRM that the best I can do is good enough.

  19. I NOW AFFIRM that I am grateful that others have many things to teach me.

  20. I NOW AFFIRM that I can make mistakes without condemning myself.

  21. I NOW AFFIRM that my feelings are legitimate and that I have a right to feel them.

  22. I NOW AFFIRM that I treat others with tenderness and respect.

  23. I NOW AFFIRM that I am gentle and forgiving of myself.

  24. I NOW AFFIRM that I am compassionate and forgiving of others.

  25. I NOW AFFIRM that life is good and unfolding in miraculous ways.


Just typing out that list gave me horrible shudders. That list looks so impossible for me as a whole, but one by one, I think I can do it!

So I will work on that list, one bullet at a time. Next post, I'll start with #1!!! People, if you catch me not following this list of transformations, notify me if you so please. Onegaishimasu!!!!

No comments:

.
.